STL Working Group
Join the STL Working Group on Facebook!
Join a community of like-minded individuals who care about mental health, disability and access in higher education. Share your stories, get feedback and resources, and promote camaraderie among peers and instructors. It’s free!
What is a working group?
A working group is a committee or group focused on answering a specific question or carrying out specific tasks towards a shared goal.
What is the purpose of the STL Working Group?
It is our hope that the working group brings together individuals with relevant talents and skills to workshop how to make our universities and classrooms more accessible for students, instructors, and staff. We can work together to troubleshoot campus policies and processes, accommodations, syllabi, lesson plans and more. Let’s help each other create an accessible teaching and learning environment.
What are the benefits of the STL Working Group?
- Camaraderie and collaboration
- Empathetic and compassionate listening
- Refine understanding through respectful discussions
- Troubleshoot issues in the classroom
- More eyes on ensuring lesson plans and syllabi are accessible
- Share resources
- Develop enhanced self-awareness